Ethnomusicology may be defined as the study of music in/as culture. UNCG offers a thriving program with undergraduate and graduate courses for music majors and non-majors. Graduate students may apply these courses toward a post-baccalaureate or post-masters certificate in ethnomusicology.
- MUS 343 Music Cultures of the World (3)
- MUS 377 Old-Time Music Ensemble (1)
- MUS 434 American Music (3)
- MUS 606 Seminar in Music History: Theory and Methods in Ethnomusicology (3)
- MUS 631 Selected Topics in Ethnomusicology (3)
- MUS 677 Old-Time Music Ensemble (1)
Please consult the Graduate Bulletin or OPTIONS for more complete descriptions and current offerings. Graduate students in music performance or music education may apply 600-level courses toward a post-baccalaureate certificate in ethnomusicology.
|Dr. Revell Carr | Bio||Dr. Gavin Douglas | Bio|