Becoming a Theatre Angel means supporting the role of The School of Theatre and emerging artists at UNC Greensboro. As a Theatre Angel, you will be funding The North Carolina Theatre for Young People’s work with underserved K-12 students in our community, the School of Theatre seasons, the sets you see onstage, our guest artists, and our curriculum.
Tickets are not connected to the membership levels below, so we hope that Theatre Angels will purchase individual tickets or an affordable subscription in addition to supporting the School of Theatre through a generous contribution. To see our Theatre Angel membership categories and the perks that members receive, please scroll down this page. Donations to the Theatre Angels Fund are fully tax-deductible. You will receive a letter from Advancement in recognition of your donation.
To become a Theatre Angel, click on the “Donate Now“ button below and select “Theatre.”Donate Now
Another way to become a Theatre Angel is by mailing a check. Please make checks out to “UNCG School of Theatre” and send them to the following address:
UNCG School of Theatre
Taylor Theatre, 406 Tate St.
Attn: Joshua Ritter, Room 210
Greensboro, NC 27412
To purchase individual tickets or a subscription, please contact the UNCG Theatre Box Office.
UNCG Theatre Box Office:
Phone Number: 336.334.4392
Hours: Mon – Fri, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Address: 406 Tate St, Greensboro, NC 27403
* Tickets to CVPA and UCLS events are sold exclusively through our box office locations and ETix website, and nowhere else. Tickets purchased through third-party vendors can not be honored.
Thank you for your contribution! Your support is a crucial part of our collaborative process.
THEATRE ANGELS MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES AND BENEFITS
(Angels automatically gain CVPA “Partners for The Arts” membership when they give at the Friendly Angel level or above.)
Never miss a performance! Angel members enjoy many ticketing benefits.
Member Angel ($50-$99)
- Angels E-Newsletter
- Free unlimited exchanges at the UNCG Theatre Box Office
- Invitations to events such as Frame/Works, Industry Showcase Rehearsal, and opening night parties
- Opportunity to purchase season tickets before the public sale
- Discounted tickets
All benefits include those in the preceding categories except for North Carolina Theatre for Young People benefits.
Friendly Angel ($100-$259)
- Recognition in the program
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer an underserved school 5 complimentary tickets
Benefactor Angel ($260-$499)
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer an underserved school 10 complimentary tickets
Patron Angel $500 – $999
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer an underserved school 20 complimentary tickets
Guardian Angel $1,000 – $1,499
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer one underserved school a touring production at no cost to the school
- Behind the scenes tour of the School of Theatre*
Directing Angel $1,500 – $2,499
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer one underserved school a complimentary touring production and another underserved school 25 complimentary tickets.
- Listed as a show sponsor on the title page of a Sprinkle Theatre production of your choice*
Producing Angel $2,500+
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer two complimentary touring productions to underserved schools and another underserved school 50 complimentary tickets
- VIP behind the scenes tour led by the Director of the School of Theatre*
- Listed as a show sponsor on the title page of a Taylor Theatre production of your choice*
*Please contact [email protected] to schedule or coordinate these membership opportunities.
Maintaining your Theatre Angels Membership and Recognition:
Theatre Angels membership records are updated once at the beginning of each season when the first show program is published in early September. An annual appeal for donations to the Theatre Angels Fund will be sent out in August or earlier via email and mail. To be recognized in show programs or on the website (depending on membership level), you must make your Theater Angel Fund donation before the first show program is printed in early September.
You can also make your Theatre Angels Fund donation in response to the annual appeal using the “Donate Now” button above. You can become a Theatre Angel later in the season and receive most of the benefits listed above, but you will not receive recognition in the show programs or website once the first show program has been printed.
Donating to specific theatre scholarships or theatre endowments does not confer Theatre Angels membership. To be a Theatre Angel, you must donate to the “Theatre Angels Fund.”
If you have questions about the Theatre Angels membership program, please contact Josh Ritter, Lecturer/Theatre Manager, at [email protected].