Becoming a Theatre Angel means supporting the role of The School of Theatre and emerging artists at UNC Greensboro. As a Theatre Angel, you will be funding The North Carolina Theatre for Young People’s work with underserved K-12 students in our community, the School of Theatre seasons, the sets you see onstage, our guest artists, and our curriculum.
Additionally, as stated by School of Theatre Director, Natalie Sowell,
We are intentionally and urgently reconsidering the guest artists we bring to campus, our hiring processes, the production season, and our curriculum in order to create a more equitable, diverse and inclusive learning environment rooted in anti-racist and anti-bias pedagogical practices. This year we invite you to contribute to this effort. The Musical Theatre Program is commissioning 4 “Mini Musicals” for production in Spring 2021. The writers of these pieces will come from groups too often marginalized on the Musical Theatre Stage: BIPOC, Female, LGBTQ+, and Gender Nonconforming.
By viewing contemporary stories through the lens of these writers, we hope to elevate their experiences and allow their voices to help guide the discussions that are taking place in the School of Theatre. This project gives our students important performance experience (in a safe way during the pandemic) and allows us to continue our focus on new works. If your commitment aligns with the over 85,000 people who have signed the We See You White American Theatre petition demanding change for BIPOC theatremakers, please donate generously to bring this project to life.
Tickets are not connected to the membership levels below, so we hope that Theatre Angels will purchase individual tickets or an affordable subscription in addition to supporting the School of Theatre through a generous contribution. To see our Theatre Angel membership categories and the perks that members receive, please scroll down this page. Donations to the Theatre Angels Fund are fully tax deductible. You will receive a letter from Advancement in recognition of your donation.
To become a Theatre Angel, click on the “Donate Now“ button below and select “Theatre.”Donate Now
Another way to become a Theatre Angel is by mailing a check. Please make checks out to “UNCG School of Theatre” and send them to the following address:
UNCG School of Theatre
Taylor Theatre, 406 Tate St.
Attn: Joshua Ritter, Room 210
Greensboro, NC 27412
To purchase individual tickets or a subscription, please contact the UNCG Theatre Box Office.
Tickets will be available for purchase in late summer, so please check back soon.
UNCG Theatre Box Office:
Phone Number: 336.334.4392
Hours: Mon – Fri, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Address: 406 Tate St, Greensboro, NC 27403
* Tickets to CVPA and UCLS events are sold exclusively through our box office locations and ETix website, and nowhere else. Tickets purchased through third-party vendors can not be honored.
Thank you for your contribution! Your support is a crucial part of our collaborative process.
THEATRE ANGELS MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES AND BENEFITS
(Angels automatically gain CVPA “Partners for The Arts” membership when they give at the Friendly Angel level or above.)
Never miss a performance! Angel members enjoy many ticketing benefits.
Member Angel ($50-$99)
- Recognition on the website
- Angels E-Newsletter
- Free unlimited exchanges at the UNCG Theatre Box Office
- Invitations to exclusive Angels events such as our Season Discussion, Industry Showcase Rehearsal, and opening night parties
- Opportunity to purchase season tickets before public sale
- Discounted tickets
All benefits include those in the preceding categories except for North Carolina Theatre for Young People benefits.
Friendly Angel ($100-$259)
- Recognition in the program & on the website
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer one underserved school complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
Benefactor Angel ($260-$499)
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer 5 underserved schools complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
Patron Angel $500 – $999
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer 10 underserved schools complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
Guardian Angel $1,000 – $1,499
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer an online workshop to an underserved school at no cost to the school and complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
- Behind the scenes tour of the School of Theatre*
Directing Angel $1,500 – $2,499
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer two online workshops to underserved schools at no cost to the schools and they will receive complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
- Listed as a show sponsor on the title page of a Sprinkle Theatre production of your choice*
Producing Angel $2,500+
- In your name, The North Carolina Theatre for Young People will offer 50 underserved schools complimentary on-demand streaming tickets
- VIP behind the scenes tour led by the Director of the School of Theatre*
- Listed as a show sponsor on the title page of a Taylor Theatre production of your choice*
*Please contact THRANGEL@uncg.edu to schedule or coordinate these membership opportunities.
Maintaining your Theatre Angels Membership and Recognition:
Theatre Angels membership records are updated once at the beginning of each season when the first show program is published in early September. An annual appeal for donations to the Theatre Angels Fund will be sent out in August or earlier via email and mail. To be recognized in show programs or on the website (depending on membership level), you must make your Theater Angel Fund donation before the first show program is printed in early September.
You can also make your Theatre Angels Fund donation in response to the annual appeal using the “Donate Now” button above. You can become a Theatre Angel later in the season and receive most of the benefits listed above, but you will not receive recognition in the show programs or website once the first show program has been printed.
Donating to specific theatre scholarships or theatre endowments does not confer Theatre Angels membership. To be a Theatre Angel, you must donate to the “Theatre Angels Fund.”
If you have questions about the Theatre Angels membership program, please contact Josh Ritter, Lecturer/Theatre Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.