The BFA Program offers two distinct performance paths: BFA in Acting and BFA in Musical Theatre. These two programs share an identical audition process.
In order to begin your audition process, you must submit a pre-screen application and materials via the Acceptd website. For more information on pre-screen requirements and to begin your application, visit us on Acceptd.
Prescreen submissions will open on August 1st, 2021. It is recommended that you submit your materials and application ASAP in order to secure your preferred audition date and format. The submission window will close on January 15th, 2022.
Everything you need to complete your pre-screen is contained on the Acceptd website. If you have questions on the process, you can email email@example.com (for the BFA in Acting) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for the BFA in Musical Theatre).
Prescreens are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on September 1st, 2021. If your pre-screen is successful, you will be invited to a Final Audition. These Final Auditions are offered in both In-Person and Virtual formats. You will be given the opportunity to choose your day and audition format after your prescreen. Final Audition days are:
- Friday, November 12th, 2021 (On campus)
- Friday, January 21st, 2022 (Virtual)
- Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 (Virtual)
- Friday, February 18th, 2022 (On campus)
- Friday, February 25th, 2022 (On campus)
- Saturday, Febrary 26th, 2022 (On campus)
It is important to note that our faculty would prefer to meet you in person and have the opportunity to get to know you. It makes for a better audition experience for everyone! Please make every effort to attend an on-campus audition so you can experience UNCG and meet faculty and students face-to-face. Preference for virtual auditions will be given to those who do not reside in the Southeast.
If you choose a virtual audition, we strongly recommend a campus visit at your earliest convenience, which we are happy to set up with you. (Subject to certain health and safety protocols.)
UNCG will also be auditioning at the following Unified Auditions. Please visit their websites for application information if you wish to attend:
- Pittsburgh Unifieds (October 8th-10th, 2021)
- CAP United Auditions (November 10th-14th, 2021)
- Zoomifieds (November 14th-16th, 2021)
Acting, Design, Directing, and Theatre for Young People
- LINK auditions in Atlanta on November 8th, 2019
- URTA auditions in NYC and Chicago
- On Campus auditions/interviews are Saturday, February 22, 2020
- SETC Graduate Auditions in Louisville on February 28, 2020
Please email the following individuals to set up your audition/interview time for any of the above dates.
|Theatre for Youth||Rachel Brileyemail@example.com|