Guest Artists and Lecturers
Every year the School of Theatre hosts international and national guest artists from every spectrum of professional and educational theatre to work closely with theatre majors and minors. Guest artists work on productions, develop new work, offer weekend workshops, or serve as semester long guest artist(s) in-residence. Recent guest artists include:
2018 – 2019
- John M. Blackburn Distinguished Professor of Theatre, Appalachian State University, Career includes producing and management in professional theatre, dance, opera, symphony, film and television. Emmy® award recipient in 2010. Producer and Managing Director of Charlotte Repertory Theatre (LORT, 1990-2001)
- Associate Conductor, Hamilton Philip Tour New York: John & Jen (Off-Broadway revival), Carousel (Workshop at New York City Ballet dir. Michael Berresse), Atlantis (Reading dir. Chris Gattelli), Whiskeyland (Reading), The Lion King (Shanghai, Chinese language premiere), A Gentleman’s Guide To Love and Murder(Shanghai, Asia and Chinese language premiere).
- Director of Development – Foundation & Annual Giving, Gallo Center for the Arts, California
Stephanie Yankwitt, C.S.A.
- Multiple award-winning, internationally produced playwright, Medallion Award for Lifetime Achievement, Children's Theatre Foundation of America; Wiley and the Hairy Man, When She Had Wings, Step on a Crack.
- Award-winning writer of film and television. You and I, Drumline, That Darn Cat, Encino Man; supervising producer of Showtime's Weeds
- Tony Award winning producer of Come From Away, and Memphis. Also produced The Rink, and La Cage Aux Folles
- Actors Equity Association, Agency Representative, NYC, Director
- Award winning Actor, Director, and Screenwriter
- Brooklyn-based playwright and filmmaker awarded the Edward Albee Foundation fellowship, and is the inaugural recipient of the Peter Shaffer Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Actor, playwright, musician, Jeff Award winner, two-time Drama Desk Nominee.
Ryan J. Moller
- New York based award winning Costume Designer. Credits include The Metropolitan Opera, Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS, Sante Fe Opera, Norwegian Cruise Lines. Member: USA 829, IATSE 764
- Founding Artistic Director Profile Theatre, Portland Oregon
- Producer, Stage Director, Abrahamse and Meyer Productions
Lauren Warhol Caldwell
- Artistic Director of the Hippodrome Theatre
Edurne Rankin García
- Artistic Director, Actor, Designer, La Llave Maestra Visual Theatre, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Producing Director, STAGE ONE: The Louisville Children’s Theatre (Louisville, KY), 1978- 2003 (retired); Author
- Dramaturg, Advisor Tennessee Williams Festival, Pace University
- Playwright, Member New Dramatists
Alvaro Morales Lifschitz
- Artistic Director, Producer, Actor, La Llave Maestra Visual Theatre, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Producer, Actor, Designer, Abrahamse and Meyer Productions, South Africa
- Theatre Arts Teacher, Actor, Director, Marvin Ridge High School, Union County Schools
- Wojcik | Seay Casting LLC, New York
- Stage and screen actress and singer. Recipient of the Tony Award for Drowsy Chaperone