Guest Artists and Lecturers
Every year the School of Theatre hosts international and national guest artists from every spectrum of professional and educational theatre to work closely with theatre majors and minors. Guest artists work on productions, develop new work, offer weekend workshops, or serve as semester long guest artist(s) in-residence. Recent guest artists include:
2019 – 2020
- multi-Emmy winning writer and producer of interactive entertainment and a pioneer of transmedia storytelling, with a track record of pushing the boundaries of next-generation entertainment.
Amy Da Luz
- Amy’s latest play, COMING BACK FOR ME, was recently selected for the 2019 UNCG New Theatre Concepts Lab. Amy joined the UNCG Theatre Department and other guest artists for a 10 day residency in August of 2019.
Kelvin Dinkins, Jr.
- Assistant Dean and Lecturer in Theater Management for Yale School of Drama, General Manager of Yale Repertory Theatre
2018 – 2019
- Chris Chalk is an American television, film, and theatre actor. He is particularly known for his roles in the film Detroit, and the television mini-series Central Park Five. He is also known as journalist Gary Cooper in The Newsroom, Marine Tom Walker in Homeland, and murderer Jody Adair in Justified. He has also been in multiple Law & Order episodes, the 2013 film 12 Years a Slave, and the 2010 Broadway play Fences. He has appeared in Gotham as a young Lucius Fox. Photo by Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/REX/Shutterstock
Bill J. Adams, DMA
- Bill J. is an Art Song specialist, opera and musical theatre performer, and arts educator and administrator. Bill J is an Estill Voice International and Acting with Archetypes Certified Master Teacher. Presently, Bill J. coordinates the performing arts programs in the Department of Performing and Visual Arts at Nova Southeastern University where he is an associate professor.
- Broadway, Founder Scenic Art Studios, the premier scene painting studio for Broadway shows.
- CSA, Calleri Casting, NYC
- Executive Director, Goodspeed Musicals
- John M. Blackburn Distinguished Professor of Theatre, Appalachian State University, Career includes producing and management in professional theatre, dance, opera, symphony, film and television. Emmy® award recipient in 2010. Producer and Managing Director of Charlotte Repertory Theatre (LORT, 1990-2001)
- Associate Conductor, Hamilton Philip Tour New York: John & Jen (Off-Broadway revival), Carousel (Workshop at New York City Ballet dir. Michael Berresse), Atlantis (Reading dir. Chris Gattelli), Whiskeyland (Reading), The Lion King (Shanghai, Chinese language premiere), A Gentleman’s Guide To Love and Murder(Shanghai, Asia and Chinese language premiere).
- Director of Development – Foundation & Annual Giving, Gallo Center for the Arts, California
Stephanie Yankwitt, C.S.A.
- Multiple award-winning, internationally produced playwright, Medallion Award for Lifetime Achievement, Children's Theatre Foundation of America; Wiley and the Hairy Man, When She Had Wings, Step on a Crack.
- Award-winning writer of film and television. You and I, Drumline, That Darn Cat, Encino Man; supervising producer of Showtime's Weeds
- Tony Award winning producer of Come From Away, and Memphis. Also produced The Rink, and La Cage Aux Folles
- Actors Equity Association, Agency Representative, NYC, Director
- Award winning Actor, Director, and Screenwriter
- Brooklyn-based playwright and filmmaker awarded the Edward Albee Foundation fellowship, and is the inaugural recipient of the Peter Shaffer Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Actor, playwright, musician, Jeff Award winner, two-time Drama Desk Nominee.
Ryan J. Moller
- New York based award winning Costume Designer. Credits include The Metropolitan Opera, Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS, Sante Fe Opera, Norwegian Cruise Lines. Member: USA 829, IATSE 764
- Founding Artistic Director Profile Theatre, Portland Oregon
- Producer, Stage Director, Abrahamse and Meyer Productions
Lauren Warhol Caldwell
- Artistic Director of the Hippodrome Theatre
Edurne Rankin García
- Artistic Director, Actor, Designer, La Llave Maestra Visual Theatre, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Producing Director, STAGE ONE: The Louisville Children’s Theatre (Louisville, KY), 1978- 2003 (retired); Author
- Dramaturg, Advisor Tennessee Williams Festival, Pace University
- Playwright, Member New Dramatists
Alvaro Morales Lifschitz
- Artistic Director, Producer, Actor, La Llave Maestra Visual Theatre, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Producer, Actor, Designer, Abrahamse and Meyer Productions, South Africa
- Theatre Arts Teacher, Actor, Director, Marvin Ridge High School, Union County Schools
- Wojcik | Seay Casting LLC, New York
- Stage and screen actress and singer. Recipient of the Tony Award for Drowsy Chaperone