Canvas Studio is a communication tool that allows instructors and students to actively collaborate through video and audio media. While Canvas Studio content can be shared with students and also used by students to submit assignments within Canvas, media created or uploaded to Canvas Studio can also be shared publicly among UNCG users and even those outside of UNCG.
Sharing Canvas Studio Content
- Begin by accessing the Canvas Studio library by selecting the Canvas Studio icon in the global navigation menu (left column of any page). When selecting this icon, the user is taken to the Canvas Studio Library where all of their uploaded and created content will appear.
- Hover the mouse over the video that is to be shared.
- Click the three vertical dots that appear in the bottom corner of the video thumbnail and select “Share Media” (continue below for the two sharing options)
- In the following dialogue box the default option selected is “Links”
- Clicking “Create a Public Link” will generate a link that is sharable publicly as well as embed code for embedding the content should that be the chosen way to share.
- The video will be viewable by anyone who has the link, but note, analytics and commenting are not available when sharing using this link with public viewers
- The second option that appears in the dialogue box after selecting “Share Media,” is an option to share with “People” in the existing organization (UNCG)
- Add email address of current UNCG users and then select whether they “Can View” or “Can Edit” as desired.
- Those users that have been assigned as having access can find the shared video by visiting their Canvas Studio library and then selecting “Shared Videos”