As the premier, most comprehensive, and largest set of visual and performing arts programs in North Carolina, we transform lives by providing exceptional artistic and scholarly experiences. Our vision is to build on our reputation by becoming one of the top arts institutions in the nation. The UNCG School of College of Visual and Performing Arts will make the arts essential to all in North Carolina, the Southeast, and the Nation.
The UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts is guided and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
Excellence and Innovation
Foster curiosity, creativity, skill development, and dissemination of artistic practice, pedagogy, research, and scholarship at the highest level.
Access and Inclusivity
Serve the population of North Carolina and the nation by modeling an inclusive, collaborative, and student-oriented academic culture.
Equity and Ethics
Commit to equitable academic policies, curricular design, and decision-making with mutual respect, accountability, and cooperation.
Community and Place
Engage with local and global socio-political artistic performance, pedagogy, and scholarship.
CVPA Mission Statement
In accordance with the mission of the University, The College of Visual and Performing Arts seeks to enable students to understand and embrace the artistic expression of all cultures, empowering them to enrich the human experience for themselves and others. Acknowledging the enduring traditions of excellence in each discipline, the College of Visual and Performing Arts, strives to:
- Teach the imaginative, critical, aesthetic, and technical skills essential to the creative process, scholarly inquiry, and professional engagement in the continually evolving fields of the visual and performing arts.
- Promote discovery and foster inclusive learning that enriches the understanding of human diversity and global issues as they relate to the visual and performing arts.
- Provide our undergraduate students with comprehensive curricula appropriate to the various degree programs offered by the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Equip our graduate students to become specialists and leaders in their fields through advanced study and training.
- Present public performances, shows, and events, and provide artistic resources, education and outreach to the local, regional, national and international communities that enriches student learning, promotes faculty scholarship and creative activities, which enrich the lives of all citizens while showcasing the College and University.
- Conservatory Level Training
- Cutting Edge Scholarship
- Supportive Environment
- Real World Experiences
The UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts helps students transform passion into professional purpose. Our unique pathway to career success unlocks creativity and assists students to develop into a visual or performing artist, scholar, or arts educator.