Next scheduled stream: Symphony Orchestra, Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:30 pm
Streams are accessible beginning approximately 15 minutes before the event's start time.
A PDF copy of the event program will be posted (when available) once the stream begins.
Streaming Schedule - Fall 2016
- Symphony Orchestra - Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Graduate Percussion Ensemble - Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Tuba Ensemble - Fall Concert - Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- Prime Movers Concert - Friday, November 4, 2016 - 8:00 pm
- University Chorale & Chamber Singers - Saturday, November 5, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Trumpet Ensemble - Tuesday, November 8, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- Donald Palmire, tuba - Guest Artist - Wednesday, November 9, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- Jazz Ensemble II - Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Trombone Ensemble - Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 3:30 pm
- Red Clay Saxophone Quartet - Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 3:30 pm
- Casella Sinfonietta - Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Undergraduate Percussion Ensemble - Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- UNCG Honor Jazz Band & Jazz Ensemble I - Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 1:30 pm
- Association of Graduate Dance Students Concert - Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 6:00 pm
- Sinfonia - Monday, November 21, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- Symphonic Band - Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- University Band - Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 7:30 pm
- Wind Ensemble - Saturday, December 4, 2106 - 1:30 pm
FAQ and Help
How do I load the stream?
When a live feed is available (approx. 15 mins before the advertised start time of the event), a media box will appear at the top of the page.
Click on the "play" button on the control bar, or simply click anywhere in the main play window to connect to the stream.
What equipment do I need?
Streaming is supported on Windows / Mac computers and mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc.).
If viewing on a desktop/laptop computer, it is recommended to have the following:
- A modern web browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Internet Explorer 9 or higher should work as well, but there is no guarantee of success using IE 8 or lower.
- Adobe Flash player browser plugin (available here).
Mobile devices have support for the HLS stream built into the mobile operating system / browser, so no extra downloads should be required.
Regardless of which device you use to connect, it is highly advisable to have a strong, fast (cable / DSL) internet connection. For highest quality, it is recommended that you connect to your modem or router via ethernet (rather than wireless).
I'm having trouble loading the stream!
If you're unable to load the stream, here are a few things you can try:
- If you're on a desktop/laptop, please make sure your browser has the latest version of Flash installed, and your computer isn't blocking Flash applications.
- If you're on a mobile device, ensure that your connection is solid (Wifi recommended, as data networks can be unreliable).
- After you click the "play" button to connect to the stream, it may require several seconds to properly connect and buffer. Please be patient, and if your connection isn't loading after 30 seconds, refresh your page and try again.
- Ensure that your browser is up to date. If you're unsure, try a different browser.
- Clear your browser's cache and refresh the page (for help, visit http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache).
- If the connection still doesn't load, it's possible that we haven't begun sending the stream to the servers yet. Try again in a few minutes.
My stream is choppy / dropping out!
- As of Spring 2014, we are broadcasting multiple bitrate streams. If you are experiencing issues with the video, try downsizing to a lower-quality video. The audio will remain the same quality throughout. To do this, click on the [HD] button in the play bar (transport), and select a lower number.
- Ensure that your network connection is solid. If you are connected to a wireless router, try a wired ethernet connection instead. Wired connections improve the chance of success at our higher quality levels especially.
- Pause or cancel any other active downloads on your machine, and other machines that share the network. This includes services like Netflix or Pandora radio, or other streaming media services.
- Close any other browser windows / tabs that are open, as they consume system memory when open.
- Refrain from performing other tasks on the computer being used to view (e.g. checking e-mail, web browsing, etc.). These tasks consume processor power, and could potentially disrupt the computer's ability to process the stream, especially on older computers.
If you try all of the above, and the stream is still not working, please contact Dennis Hopson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following information:
- Operating system and version (e.g. Mac OS 10.7.4)
- System specs (processor / RAM)
- Type of network connection you are using, including downstream bandwidth if known
- Browser(s) tried, including versions (e.g. Firefox 15.0.1)
Apologies for any inconvenience! Your information will help us to keep troubleshooting and improving our streaming service.
We are always striving to improve our service. Please e-mail Dennis Hopson at email@example.com with any comments.