Disciplinary Honors in Art is a unique opportunity to study research topics or explore your studio practice in greater depth. Depending upon your concentration (ARE, ARH or ART) your Disciplinary Honors experience will include the completion of sophisticated original written research or a body of focused, creative work, executed under the close mentorship of a faculty member. Either opportunity gives you a competitive advantage when applying for graduate school or beginning a career.
A minimum of twelve semester hours from the following:
- 3 s.h. of HSS 490 Senior Honors Project (required)
- 3 s.h. of any Art Honors course above 100 level
- Any 500-level ART, ARH or ARE course, depending on the student’s concentration
- ART 493 or ARH 493 (Independent Study), depending on student’s concentration
- Any ART, ARH or ARE Honors contract course, depending on the student’s concentration
Honors College candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or greater from their UNCG studies. Transfer students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or greater from all prior institutions.
You will receive a Certificate of Disciplinary Honors, and that accomplishment, along with the title of your Senior Honors Project, will be noted on your official transcript. You will also be recognized at a banquet held at the end of the spring semester.
Applying to the Honors College
Please visit the Honors College webpage for more information.
School of Art Honors Liaison
Dr. Heather Holian
229 Cone Building
For Honors Questions
Shelley Ewing, Honors Advisor, Lloyd International Honors College email@example.com