Disciplinary Honors in Art is a unique opportunity to study research topics or explore your studio practice in greater depth. Depending upon your concentration (ARE, ARH or ART) your Disciplinary Honors experience will include the completion of sophisticated original written research or a body of focused, creative work, executed under the close mentorship of a faculty member. Either opportunity gives you a competitive advantage when applying for graduate school or beginning a career.
- UNCG Overall GPA of 3.30 or higher
- A minimum of 12 semester hours from the following:
- 3 s.h. of HSS 490 Senior Honor Project
- 9 s.h. from the following
- 3 s.h. of any ARE, ARH, or ART Honors course above 100 level
- ARH 411, ARH 412, ARH 413, ARH 414 or ART 443
- ART 493 or ARH 493 (Independent Study)
- Any ARE, ARH or ART Honors contract course
You will receive a Certificate of Disciplinary Honors, and that accomplishment, along with the title of your Senior Honors Project, will be noted on your official transcript. You will also be recognized at a banquet held at the end of the spring semester.
Applying to the Honors College
Please visit the Honors College webpage for more information.
School of Art Honors Liaison
Dr. Elizabeth Perrill
Weatherspoon Art Museum, Room 225
For Honors Questions
Shelley Ewing, Honors Advisor, Lloyd International Honors College firstname.lastname@example.org