If you’ve decided that the School of Art is the right fit for you and your future, we’re glad to be your choice. Whether you’re seeking to join our Undergraduate or Masters programs, the next step is to Apply for Admission. Your journey starts here.
Master of Fine Arts in Art
The Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art is a full-time, two-year, sixty-hour degree. Students complete coursework in art practices, art criticism, art history, and free electives. The degree capstone is a written and exhibition thesis.
Questions can be directed to Lee Walton, Associate Professor of Art and Director of Graduate Studies: email@example.com
Follow instructions on the online application for:
- Payment of application fee
- Official College transcripts from all Universities
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- 20 images of recent work with title, date, media, and dimensions for each image. If you have time-based work, please send a link to works on YouTube or Vimeo; You may also submit a link to web-based work.
All MFA applicants must submit a personal statement (1-2 pages) that addresses the following:
- Describe your artistic goals and how you see the MFA program at UNCG helping you meet those goals.
- Discuss your prior academic, work and life experiences related to your artistic practice.
- Describe academic honors or professional awards, including scholarships, fellowships, residencies, exhibitions, publications, or other significant creative activities.
Step 1: Apply for Admission to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Full admission to the College of Visual and Performing Arts is a two-step process involving the BA Application Questionnaire (and a successful live audition for prospective students in certain programs), as well as acceptance into the University by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You can contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for more information at (336) 334-5243 or visit their website at admissions.uncg.edu/.
Ready to begin the process? First, start your application for undergraduate admission to UNCG through SpartanLink.
Step 2: Apply for admission to the CVPA
Please choose the area of study you are interested in:
- Bachelor of Arts in Art – Areas of study include: Concentration in Studio Art and Concentration in Art History
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art – Areas of study include: Concentrations in Painting, Sculpture & Ceramics, Printmaking & Drawing, New Media & Design, Photography
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education (K-12) – Areas of study include: Concentration in Studio Art and Concentration in Art History
- Bachelor of Arts in Arts Administration – An interdisciplinary arts degree that prepares students for leadership and administrative responsibilities in arts organizations.
Note: All incoming Art students must first apply as BA, not BFA.
All students pursuing a studio degree enter the department as candidates for a BA degree in Studio Art. Upon completion of the foundational program, students seeking to join the BFA program in Art Education, New Media and Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking and Drawing, or Sculpture and Ceramics will submit a portfolio of their work. Admission to any BFA concentration is contingent upon a successful portfolio review by a rotating committee of art department faculty.
There is currently no audition for entry into the BA in Arts Administration. Students will be reviewed by the Arts Administration Program Director to ensure adequate and timely progress within the degree program. Further requirements may need to be met.