The editorial board of QRME welcomes manuscript submissions that contribute to a deeper conception of music and the human experience using rigorous qualitative research methodologies. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed and should not be previously published or under concurrent review by any other journal. Conference manuscripts may be considered if not previously published in conference proceedings. Manuscripts should adhere to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition, 2010, or 7th edition, 2019).
Manuscripts will be evaluated for:
- Value, importance, and timeliness
- Rigor, accuracy, and appropriateness of qualitative design and analysis
- Writing style, syntax
Abstracts and Keywords
An abstract of up to 250 words must be submitted along with up to 5 keywords that describe the contents of the manuscript.
- Are typically 20-25 pages in length.
- Longer than 20-25 pages may be considered by the Editor if the additional narrative is essential to the manuscript.
- Must conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition, 2010, or 7th edition, 2019).
- Should be written in clear English using a concise writing style.
- Should contain no clues to the author(s)’ identity or institutional affiliation. Manuscripts that are identifiable will be returned.
- That include tables, figures, photographs, or graphics should be carefully proofed prior to submission. Tables, figures, photographs, or graphics should be incorporated within the manuscript text. Documentation of permission to use copyrighted materials must be included in the submission.
- Should include compliance with IRB. Institutional Review Board compliance is a cornerstone of conducting research with human subjects and conformity to IRB guidelines should be clearly documented in the manuscript.
The submission of a manuscript to QRME indicates that the author(s) have not previously published the manuscript or submitted it for concurrent review by another journal. If a manuscript is accepted for publication, the author(s) retain the copyright after a three-year assignment of copyright to the journal. Copyright to the journal begins on the date of first publication and lasts for three years, after which time the copyright reverts back to the author(s). Author(s) accept sole liability for the content of the manuscript/article. The author(s) agree to release the Editor, Editorial Board, and personnel of QRME, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, its officers and employees, from liability for any harmful actions resulting from the content and use of the material published.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Your privacy is important to QRME. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that QRME collects, and the ways in which QRME uses that personal information. QRME collects and uses personal information that is necessary for the processing and publication of manuscripts submitted to us. This information includes names, affiliation, and contact details (including postal address, email address, and phone numbers). Any personal information collected and/or received by QRME will only be used to:
- administer this website;
- enable access to and use of the website services;
- process your manuscript;
- publish your manuscript;
- send communication about your manuscript
In addition to the disclosures for the purposes identified above, QRME may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights. QRME will take reasonable technical precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.