The UNCG School of Music is proud of the five alumni who have been selected as quarterfinalists for the 2021 Music Educator Award™ presented by the Recording Academy® and GRAMMY Museum®. These graduates span four decades of excellence in the Music Education area.
- Alisha Cardwell (BM ’17) — Riverside High School, Williamston, NC
- Jordan Lee (BM ’17) — Western Guilford High School, Greensboro, NC
- Brian McMath (BM ’96, MM ’10) — Northwest Guilford High School, Greensboro, NC
- Neil Underwood (BM ’82, MM ’87) — Lenoir-Rhyne University, Hickory, NC
- Donny Walter (BM ’94, MM ’12) — Northwest Guilford Middle School, Greensboro, NC
The Music Educator Award was established to recognize current educators (kindergarten through college, public and private schools) who have made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of music education and who demonstrate a commitment to the broader cause of maintaining music education in the schools. A joint partnership and presentation of the Recording Academy® and GRAMMY® Museum, the recipient will be recognized during GRAMMY® Week 2021.
Congratulations to all and good luck!
Read the full list of 2021 Music Educator Award quarterfinalists.