BFA in ACTING with MUSICAL THEATRE FOCUS
The audition process for the BFA in Acting with Musical Theatre Focus is a two-part process. Read below for more information. You can contact email@example.com with any questions at any point in the process.
Part 1: Pre-Screen
Your audition begins with a pre-screen audition and application, which is submitted through the Acceptd website. This pre-screen window opens on August 1st, 2019 and closes on January 15th, 2020. While you can submit your pre-screen at any time, you are encouraged to do so as soon as possible in order to secure your preferred live audition date/time.
The pre-screen requirements are all listed on the Acceptd website. You’ll need to fill out a short application, and then upload media files including:
- Your Resume
- Your Headshot or a photo showing your face
- Two Contrasting Song Cuts (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Monologue (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Dance Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- You then have the option of an additional Dance Video and/or a Wild Card Video
**UNCG is a participant in the 2019-2020 Musical Theatre Common Pre-Screen. For more information on participating schools, please visit: https://getacceptd.com/mt-common-prescreen/
To begin your application and pre-screen, visit us on Acceptd here.
Part 2: Live Audition
Pre-Screens are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning September 1st, 2019. If your pre-screen is successful, you will be invited to a live audition. These auditions are held on-campus in Greensboro, NC. (Under rare circumstances, arrangements can be made for a Skype audition.)
The 2019-2020 audition dates are:
- Friday November 15th, 2019
- Friday February 14th, 2020
- Friday February 21st, 2020
Once you are invited to a live audition, you will receive more information about the day’s schedule, live audition requirements, etc. Please be advised the day is a long one and includes time for Q&A, Presentations by University Departments, a Master Class, Auditions/Interviews, a Dance Call, and an optional performance of a UNCG Production in the evening.
If you have any questions regarding the audition process for the BFA in Acting with Musical Theatre Focus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MUSICAL THEATRE MINOR
The Minor in Musical Theatre is by audition only. Auditions are held once per semester. For your audition, please prepare the following:
- 2 contrasting 32-bar cuts from musical theatre songs of your choosing. “Contrasting” can mean whatever you’d like: ballad vs. uptempo, contemporary vs. classic, etc. These cuts should not exceed 1 minute in length. You must have sheet music prepared in the correct key. No a cappella singing will be permitted.
- A 1-minute monologue from a contemporary play (20th or 21st Century only, please) of your choosing. Your monologue should not exceed 1 minute in length.
- You will participate in a short dance call. You may choose to attend either the “mover” call or the “dancer” call. Be realistic about your abilities when you choose which call to attend.
Audition date/times will be announced at the beginning of each semester, and will occur roughly midway through the semester. If you would like to be added to the MT Minor Audition List, please email email@example.com.