BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE
The audition process for the BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE is a two-part process. Read below for more information. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions at any point in the process.
Part 1: Pre-Screen
Your audition begins with a pre-screen audition and application, which is submitted through the Acceptd website. This pre-screen window opens on August 1st, 2020 and closes on January 15th, 2021. While you can submit your pre-screen at any time, you are encouraged to do so as soon as possible in order to secure your preferred Live Virtual Audition date/time.
The pre-screen requirements are all listed on the Acceptd website. You’ll need to fill out a short application, and then upload media files including:
- Your Resume
- Your Headshot or a photo showing your face
- Two Contrasting Song Cuts (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Monologue (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Dance Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One optional Ballet Technique Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- Wild Card Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
UNCG is a participant in the Musical Theatre Common Pre Screen for the 2020-2021 cycle. You can find more information on common requirements and participating schools here.
To begin your application and pre-screen, visit us on Acceptd here.
Part 2: Live Virtual Audition
The safety of our auditionees and campus community are our highest priority. Given new realities surrounding COVID-19, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to move all BFA Auditions to a virtual format this year.
Pre-Screens are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning September 1st, 2020. If your pre-screen is successful, you will be invited to a Live Virtual Audition. These auditions are real-time, online auditions allowing for conversation and interplay between you and our panel.
The 2019-2020 virtual audition dates are:
- Friday, November 13th, 2020
- Friday, February 12th, 2021
- Saturday, February 13th, 2021
- Friday, February 19th, 2021
Once you are invited to a Live Virtual Audition, you will receive more information about what to prepare. The virtual audition day will include a panel with Q&A time and presentations by University Officials and BFA Faculty. It is our goal to make your virtual audition experience fun, informative, and exciting. We do recommend that you arrange a campus visit as you narrow your college search as auditions will not be in-person this year.
UNCG will also be auditioning for live pre-screens at the Cleveland Unified Audition Weekend taking place October 10th-11th, 2020. For more information and to apply to attend, visit their website.
If you have any questions regarding the audition process for the BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE, please contact email@example.com.
MUSICAL THEATRE MINOR
The Minor in Musical Theatre is by audition only. Auditions are held once per semester. For your audition, please prepare the following:
- One 32-bar cut from a musical theatre song of your choosing. This cut should not exceed 1 minute in length. You must have sheet music prepared in the correct key. No a cappella singing will be permitted.
- An additional 16-bar contrasting cut. This cut may not be heard by the panel. “Contrasting” can mean whatever you’d like: ballad vs. up tempo, contemporary vs. classic, etc.
- You will participate in a short dance call. The call will be tailored to contain sections for both “movers” and “dancers”.
Audition date/times will be announced at the beginning of each semester, and will occur roughly midway through the semester. If you would like to be added to the MT Minor Audition List, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.