BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE
The audition process for the BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE is a two-part process. Read below for more information. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions at any point in the process.
Part 1: Pre-Screen
Your audition begins with a pre-screen audition and application, which is submitted through the Acceptd website. This pre-screen window opens on August 1st, 2021 and closes on January 15th, 2022. While you can submit your pre-screen at any time, you are encouraged to do so as soon as possible in order to secure your preferred Final Audition date and format .
The pre-screen requirements are all listed on the Acceptd website. You’ll need to fill out a short application, and then upload media files including:
- Your Resume
- Your Headshot or a photo showing your face
- Two Contrasting Song Cuts (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Monologue (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One Dance Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- One optional Ballet Technique Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
- Wild Card Video (Specific Requirements can be found via Acceptd)
UNCG is a participant in the Musical Theatre Common Pre-Screen for the 2021-2022 cycle. You can find more information on common requirements and participating schools here.
To begin your application and pre-screen, visit us on Acceptd.
Part 2: Final Audition
Pre-Screens are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning September 1st, 2021. If your Pre-Screen is successful, you will be invited to schedule a Final Audition. These auditions are being offered in both On-Campus and Virtual formats.
The 2021-2022 Final Audition dates are:
- Friday, November 12th, 2021 (On campus)
- Friday, January 21st, 2022 (Virtual)
- Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 (Virtual)
- Friday, February 18th, 2022 (On campus)
- Friday, February 25th, 2022 (On campus)
- Saturday, February 26th, 2022 (On campus)
It is important to note that our faculty would prefer to meet you in person and have the opportunity to get to know you. It makes for a better audition experience for everyone! Please make every effort to attend an on-campus audition so you can experience UNCG and meet faculty and students face-to-face. Preference for virtual auditions will be given to those who do not reside in the Southeast.
If you choose a virtual audition, we strongly recommend a campus visit at your earliest convenience, which we are happy to set up with you. (Subject to certain health and safety protocols.)
UNCG will also be auditioning at the following Unified Auditions. Please visit their websites for application information if you wish to attend:
- Pittsburgh Unifieds (October 8th-10th, 2021)
- CAP United Auditions (November 10th-14th, 2021)
- Zoomifieds (November 14th-16th, 2021)
If you have any questions regarding the audition process for the BFA IN MUSICAL THEATRE, please contact email@example.com.
MUSICAL THEATRE MINOR
The Minor in Musical Theatre is by audition only. Auditions are held once per semester. For your audition, please prepare the following:
- One 32-bar cut from a musical theatre song of your choosing. This cut should not exceed 1 minute in length. You must have sheet music prepared in the correct key. No a cappella singing will be permitted.
- An additional 16-bar contrasting cut. This cut may not be heard by the panel. “Contrasting” can mean whatever you’d like: ballad vs. up tempo, contemporary vs. classic, etc.
- You will participate in a short dance call. The call will be tailored to contain sections for both “movers” and “dancers”.
Audition date/times will be announced at the beginning of each semester, and will occur roughly midway through the semester. If you would like to be added to the MT Minor Audition List, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.