To revitalize our recruiting and outreach efforts, the UNC Greensboro School of Theatre has transformed and rebranded Super Saturday. The new title of the event on February 23, 2019, will be UNCG Backstage.
Why are we changing Super Saturday to UNCG Backstage?
We are making these changes to better target our recruiting efforts, to develop more of a presence in the local community, and to increase our visibility on the national level in terms of recruitment. We are shifting our recruiting efforts toward outreach. We believe that this new model will use faculty time more efficiently and effectively.
What are you offering now?
We will be offering a highly discounted group rate of $5 to schools who would like to attend a matinee performance of Shakespeare in Love at 1:00 p.m. on February 23, 2019, two theatre department tour options (11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.), and a talkback with faculty after the show for approximately 20 min.
How are workshops changing?
We will not be offering workshops; instead, faculty will be encouraged to offer workshops at several festivals throughout the academic year on the local and national level. Faculty will also lead in-school workshops and provide support to local theatre programs on the K-12 level. If you would like a member of the faculty to visit your school to help support a production or teach a workshop, please contact the Director of the School of Theatre, John Poole, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New UNCG Backstage Process and Schedule
- Schools contact our group sales manager at 336-334-4015 or email@example.com. Please inform the groups sales manager if you prefer the 11:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. tour. Please leave an email or voice message with your contact information and we will respond after the winter break. You should hear from our group sales manager after January 14. If you need to speak with someone earlier for your group to be able to attend, please contact Theatre Manager, Josh Ritter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The group sales manager will send you a group sales contract to fill out. We are offering a special highly discounted group rate for UNCG Backstage. All students, teachers, and chaperones who would like to attend will only pay $5 for the tour, show, and talkback. You can indicate on the contract if you are interested in additional support or in-school workshops from UNCG School of Theatre faculty members.
- If your school requests workshops or support, we will follow up.
- Schools send back their contracts with their tour preference and deposit.
- Schools send the group sales manager their final payment before the deadline.
- Some schools arrive for the 11:00 a.m. tour on February 23, 2019, and some arrive before curtain depending on their tour preference.
- All the schools attend the 1:00 p.m. matinee of Shakespeare in Love in the Taylor Theatre.
- We offer a talkback with faculty for approximately 20 min. in the Taylor Theatre after the show.
- The schools that complete the tour in the morning leave after the talkback.
- The schools that chose the 4:00 p.m. tour stay after the talkback to go on the tour.