Are you and your family interested in the UNC Greensboro School of Theatre? Would you like to see a show at the Taylor Theatre and learn more about what the UNC Greensboro School of Theatre has to offer prospective students? If so, please contact us to reserve $5 tickets for you and your family to attend UNCG Backstage.
What’s included with the UNCG Backstage ticket?
Your $5 ticket grants you access to the 1:00 p.m. matinee performance of Pippin on October 5, 2019.
School of Theatre Tours:
Your $5 ticket also gives you access to an 11:00 a.m. tour or a 4:00 p.m. tour of the School of Theatre. You do not need to RSVP for tours. They will leave promptly from the Taylor Theatre lobby at the times mentioned above.
There will be a complimentary post-show discussion with School of Theatre faculty after Pippin.
How do I reserve my UNCG Backstage tickets?
To book your tickets online and receive the discount, please click on the button below. Please choose the number of “Adult” or “Accessible” tickets that you want and enter promotion code “backstage” at the bottom of the screen. The discount will not work with other types of tickets. This will give you the discounted $5.00 ticket price.Book Tickets Online
Starting on Aug. 20, you can book individual tickets to UNCG Backstage by calling the UNCG Theatre Box Office from 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 336-334-4392. Mention that you would like tickets to UNCG Backstage. You are welcome to stop by the UNCG Box Office in person during our hours of operation to purchase tickets. The box office is located at 406 Tate St., Greensboro.
How do I reserve tickets to UNCG Backstage for my school group?
- Schools contact our group sales manager at 336-334-4015 or email@example.com. Please inform the groups sales manager if you prefer the 11:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. tour. Please leave an email or voice message with your contact information and we will respond as soon as possible.
- The group sales manager will send you a group sales contract to fill out. We are offering a special highly discounted group rate for UNCG Backstage. All students, teachers, and chaperones who would like to attend will only pay $5 for the tour, show, and talkback. You can indicate on the contract if you are interested in additional support or in-school workshops from UNCG School of Theatre faculty members.
- If your school requests workshops or support, we will follow up.
- Schools send back their contracts with their tour preference and deposit.
- Schools send the group sales manager their final payment before the deadline.
- Some schools arrive for the 11:00 a.m. tour on October 5, 2019, and some arrive before curtain depending on their tour preference.
- All the schools attend the 1:00 p.m. matinee of Pippin in the Taylor Theatre.
- We offer a talkback with faculty for approximately 20 min. in the Taylor Theatre after the show.
- The schools that complete the tour in the morning leave after the talkback.
- The schools that chose the 4:00 p.m. tour stay after the talkback to go on the tour.