This is a really great event to come learn more about the double reed instruments, play some games and have fun and get to work with some AMAZING Guest Artists and UNCG Faculty members!
Guest Artists: Galit Kaunitz, oboe and Jacqui Wilson, bassoon, hosts of The Double Reed Dish podcast
Hosts and Artist-Instructors: Ashley Barret and Michael Burns, Professors of Oboe and Bassoon at UNCG
When: January 24, 2021, 1:30–5:00 PM
Where: Online and virtual. Weblink will be sent to registered guests.
Who: any oboe or bassoon player (beginner, intermediate, advanced divisions)
- Clinics on breathing, tone production, fingerings, reedmaking and adjusting for oboe and bassoon
- Masterclasses with Guest Artists: Galit Kaunitz, Jacqui Wilson, and Hosts: Michael Burns, and Ashley Barret
- Double Reed Dish interview live!
- Double Reed games and fun!
- Sessions for beginners
- Guest Artist and Faculty Recital
- 1:30pm Introduction and short pre-recorded recital
- 2:00pm Interview Galit and Jacqui
- 2:30pm Masterclasses/lessons/clinics
- 4:00pm Games [Scattergories, Bingo, Jeopardy, Heads-up, etc]
- 5:00pm Awards/Wrap up/done
For more information, please contact: