Audition Dates and Materials
* - last date to be considered for a music scholarship/assistantship.
Acting, Design, Directing, and Theatre for Young People:
Please email the following individuals to set up your audition/interview time for any of the above dates:
On-campus MA and MFA programs:
MA Dance Education (Distance Learning):
The Arts Administration major and minor do not currently have audition or application requirements. Students may declare their intention to pursue either program through their application to the university or by meeting with an academic advisor within their arts discipline.
All required materials mentioned below, as well as a more detailed application process for your program of interest, can be found on the How to Apply / Audition page. See below for summarized information, but be sure to visit the How to Apply / Audition page for more information.
- Undergraduate Music
The Undergraduate Application and Request for Music Audition Form is due on the Sunday prior to your audition date.
- Graduate Music
Doctoral applicants in performance must submit all required materials by the pre-screen deadline applicable to their program. Doctoral auditions are scheduled individually, at the invitation of the faculty following a successful pre-screen evaluation, and can not be scheduled on the Saturday audition dates reserved for undergraduate and MM auditions.
- DMA in Conducting pre-screen deadline: December 1, 2016
- DMA in Music (all non-conducting areas) pre-screen deadline: January 4, 2017
Masters applicants must submit all required materials by January 15, 2017.
To be considered for a Graduate Fellowship, your audition/interview should be completed by February 1, 2016.
To be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, your audition/interview must be completed no later than February 27, 2017.
International applicants may have additional deadlines and application requirements based on the desired program.Please consult the Graduate Music Admissions Guide for further details.
Please contact the Theatre department for more information on your program of interest.
- Undergraduate Dance
Undergraduate application materials should be submitted prior to your audition date.
- Graduate Dance
- MFA / MA Theories and Practice - applications are due November 15
- MA Theories and Practice with initial K-12 teaching licensure - applications are due November 15.
- MA in Dance Education - Distance Learning applications are due March 1, 2018. Note that this program runs only on even years (e.g. 2014, 2016, etc.).
For details on what to prepare for your audition, please select your program of interest below, and you will be taken to a new page that lists your audition requirements. If you choose a Music program, you will be prompted to choose your instrument as well.
- Music - Undergraduate
- Music - Graduate (Masters)
- Music - Graduate (Doctoral)
- Dance - Undergraduate
- Dance - Graduate (Masters)
Music audition requirements can also be downloaded in PDF format here:
- Undergraduate Music Audition Information (2014-2015) (PDF format, 253 KB)
- View the Graduate Music Admissions Information Guide (2016-2017) (PDF format, 5.7 MB)