OPEN HOUSE for Prospective Music Students
Monday, October 24, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
UNCG Music Building
Dear Prospective Music Student:
The faculty, administration, and students of the UNCG School of Music invite you to attend our annual Open House for prospective music students. The Open House will be held on Monday, October 24, 2016 in the UNCG Music Building.
The Open House is a great way for you as a high school student to learn about how the UNCG School of Music can turn your passion for music into a purpose for your career. You will get to experience a day in the life of a music student at UNCG, including the opportunity to visit a variety of classes, workshops and ensemble rehearsals, attend informational sessions about our degree programs, hear our exceptional students perform, and tour our world-class facilities. Students and parents will also be able meet and ask questions of music faculty and admissions personnel.
Activities begin at 8:30 a.m. and the day will include:
- Opening welcome session with Director Dennis AsKew
- Recital featuring current undergraduate music students
- Informational session where you can learn about music scholarships, University admissions & financial aid
- Open classes in music education, music theory, music history, and performance
- Sit in with our renowned Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, University Chorale, or Chamber Singers
- Informal meetings with music faculty members
- Information sessions on all of our degree programs
For further information contact:
Dr. Dennis AsKew
UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts – Open House
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
100 McIver Street
Greensboro, NC 27412