CAMP REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED AND
WILL REOPEN IN EARLY FEBRUARY 2020.
The UNCG Summer Music Camp application process will begin ONLINE in early February. Parents/guardians must make the online application for their child. You must provide us with the name and valid email address of your music teacher, who will be contacted to verify your musical skills, grade level and behavior. Allow two weeks for the processing of your online application.
As you make application for America’s Most Popular Music Camp, the camper’s parent or guardian will establish an account with the UNCG Summer Music Camp with your own login and password which will allow you to access your records online. You will be able to pay your camp balance online by the June 1 deadline utilizing a Visa or MasterCard or you may also mail us a check.
You must utilize a laptop computer or a desktop computer. Sorry, but your tablet or smartphone will not work for the application process!
More Information About this Process
- Only a parent or guardian may make application for the UNCG Summer Music Camp online.
- Making online application will require a laptop or desktop computer. Tablets, iPads or smart phones will not work for making application.
- Be certain to read carefully the Online Application Instructions before beginning the process. There are specific items of information you must have in hand, including the name and email address of your child’s music teacher among others.
- You may not apply earlier than your registration day as listed above. Do not bother trying until the appropriate day.
- Please do not apply for two weeks of camp as a way of increasing your chances of “getting in.” This will have no effect on being accepted. If your selected week has filled when your application is processed, we will contact you if there is a space available in the other week.
What happens next?
After your online application has been received electronically, the Music Camp Office will review the application within three weeks and email the parent with one of three possible outcomes: Accepted, Wait List, or On Hold. In all cases, the parent will receive word from the Music Camp via email.
Once accepted, the parent must pay the $50.00 Summer Music Camp deposit within two weeks. Parents of accepted students will also receive a PDF attachment to their email containing preliminary information on what to bring, when and where to report, etc.
Full payment of your Summer Music Camp tuition will be due on June 1, 2019. Around mid-June, accepted students will receive a packet of detailed information including information about check-in day, a list of what to bring, a medical history/treatment permission form, a campus map, driving directions, and all of the information needed to plan your successful trip to music camp at UNCG.
Cancellations and Refunds
You may cancel your application for Summer Music Camp and receive a refund less $50.00 (non-refundable portion on all camp fee plans) if the request is made two weeks prior to the opening of the week you had planned to attend (for 2019, the deadline for refunds will be June 24 for Week 1 cancellations and July 1 for Week 2 cancellations).
No money will be refunded for any reason after the two week deadline. Students arriving late for camp or leaving early are not eligible for any monetary compensation. The Camp Membership is not transferable to anyone else, and the $50.00 registration deposit is not refundable for any reason.