Music Student Ambassadors:
- Represent the School at various recruitment events and activities on campus
- Meet with prospective students, provide tours of the Music Building, and permit students to shadow them in class during scheduled visits
- Discuss the programs and opportunities available for Music students at UNCG
- Assist with regularly scheduled audition days
- Help new Music students become integrated with UNCG at orientation and throughout the semester
Have a question? Ask a Music Student Ambassador!
The Music Student Ambassadors are here to help answer your questions about Music@UNCG.
We’re also on Facebook!Visit Us on Facebook
Come visit and be a “Music Student for a Day”
We are available for you to visit and shadow Monday through Thursday, with the exception of University Holidays. We would be delighted to have you visit! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 334-3639. At least two weeks advanced notice is requested.
General Information and Responsibilities:
Music Student Ambassadors are an invaluable group of Music students who have been chosen to serve as liaisons with prospective students and parents. Responsibilities include:
- Representing the School at various recruitment events and activities on campus, as needed
- Meeting with prospective students, providing tours of the Music Building, and permitting students to shadow them in class during scheduled visits
- Discussing the programs and opportunities available for Music students at UNCG
- Assisting with regularly scheduled audition days
- Helping new Music students become integrated with UNCG at orientation and throughout the semester
The Music Student Ambassadors are here to help answer the questions of prospective students and parents about Music@UNCG. Ambassadors will be available for direct contact with prospective students through e-mail, as requested by the prospective student. A picture of the student ambassador team and your UNCG e-mail address will also be posted on our website.
Recruitment, Eligibility, and Application Process:
Recruitment for ambassadors takes place in the spring of each year (or as needed) for positions beginning in the fall semester. In general, student ambassadors can expect to volunteer from two to eight hours per month.
To be eligible to become an ambassador, you must be an Undergraduate student who has completed at least one full semester in a major within Music at UNCG and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. You must maintain this GPA for continued participation. Ambassadors must also attend monthly meetings on various topics related to new student recruitment. Meetings will be scheduled according to student ambassador schedules.
Applications are currently closed; check with us later!
Students who complete the application and meet the eligibility requirements will be contacted by Mrs. Amanda Hughes for an individual interview. The selection process will occur after all interviews have been completed. Please see the application form for more information.
For additional information on joining the ambassador program, contact Mrs. Amanda Hughes at email@example.com.