Area 1: Curricular Opportunities
- Goal 1: Conduct a comprehensive review of the CVPA curricula to include titles and scope of courses, identification of efficiencies and deficiencies, with a focus on equity and inclusion to ensure global relevance and cutting edge course offerings.
- Goal 2: Develop specific plans for curriculum revision based upon the results of the comprehensive review.
- Goal 3: Implement curriculum adjustments according to University policy and best practices.
Area 2: Co-Curricular Opportunities
- Goal 1: Provide more enrichment experiences for students including internships, transformational study opportunities including study abroad, and master classes with successful artists in their chosen fields to provide current and real-world experiences.
- Goal 2: Develop and implement a plan for providing career services to CVPA students and alumni to facilitate a transition to the profession
- Goal 3: Develop and implement a plan for expanded communication with our students for opportunities across the CVPA.
- Goal 4: Provide more opportunities for students to exercise and to perfect their art through performance, exhibition, etc. to facilitate an experience-informed transition to the profession.
Area 3: Interdisciplinary Opportunities
- Goal 1: Increase the number and availability of interdisciplinary collaborations both within and outside CVPA in response to students’ desire for cross-disciplinary arts experiences and to enable students to become adaptable artists for sustainable careers.
Area 4: Enrollment
- Goal 1: Develop and implement a CVPA-wide domestic and international student enrollment strategy informed by available resources with input from faculty, staff, students, and alumni.