Thanks to the generous support of The UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts, Dean Dr. Peter Alexander, the UNCG Dance Department and UNCG Director of Dance Education Dr. Mila Parrish, Dancers Connect has become a free community dance program for children known for artistic innovation and excellence. Community contributions are absolutely critical to fulfilling the Dancers Connect mission. Your gifts ensure our continued vitality and play a crucial role in sustaining a high level of artistry and innovative instruction. Ticket sales, seed grants and university departmental support cannot completely cover the cost of the program; only private donations can make this program possible. Your generosity allows us to offer FREE dance classes to children in our community, ensuring equal opportunity to anyone with a desire to dance.
Your generous donation:
- Makes it possible for us to provide year-long dance training for more than 200 children and to produce and present 2 KIDS CREATE performances annually.
- Enables us to create and perform works of dance that will continue to exhilarate and enrich the lives of youth and audiences.
- Helps us impact future generations of North Carolinians to be contributing citizens of their community and instill a love for the arts.
- Allows us to reach nearly 3,000 at-risk youth annually with our Dancers Connect Company school performances.
- I would like to make a one-time donation.
- I would like to make yearly monthly contributions.
- I would like my gift to be made in the honor of:
Please contact David Huskins (email@example.com) if you are interested in making a donation.
The mission of Dancers Connect is to support and advocate for engagement in the arts. Dancers Connect free community dance classes and performances strive to inspire young people through engaging in arts experiences that are diverse, accessible, and relevant, and that enhance the quality of life in North Carolina.
Your contributions make the difference:
$100 helps offset the costs of a child enrolled in a Dancers Connect dance class, or makes discounted dance tickets available to families in the community.
$300 will offset costs for up to 60 students to attend a Dancers Connect Performance, support Dancers Connect dance class during the school year or during our camps for kids in the summer, and help us bring outstanding artists to teach and to perform with Dancers Connect.
$500 brings an entire school a Dancers Connect professional company show, provides discounts for students to attend year-long and summer dancers connect classes at UNCG, and allows us to offer free tickets to performances. These Dancers Connect Company professional shows will bring a smile to every attending child’s face, and your generosity will make sure all who want to see the shows will, regardless of economic barriers!
Contributions go to the non-profit Dancers Connect UNCG fund whose mission it is to support arts education programs for kids at UNCG.