Music - Guitar
324 Music Building
Greg Hyslop has been an active member of the Greensboro musical community for the last 45 years. He has performed many styles of music during that time, but his role at UNCG is teaching jazz guitar and coaching combos. Greg is a graduate of Page High School (1969), and Berklee College of Music (1977). Prior to his years in Boston, Greg spent two years attending UNCG studying classical trumpet and playing guitar in the first UNCG jazz ensemble under the direction of Ray Gariglio. In addition to teaching at UNCG, Greg has also taught at Greensboro College for over twenty five years.
'When I think of all the changes that have occurred at UNCG, especially in the area of music, I realize how much the faculty, facilities and curricula have grown and improved over the last four decades. It is truly inspiring to be involved with talented young music students in such a positive and stimulating environment.'
Following is a list of some of Greg's musical accomplishments:
- Served as a NC Visiting Artist for two years
- Performed with jazz legends Dizzy Gillespie, Tal Farlow, Herb Ellis and Charley Byrd
- Received NC Arts Council Jazz Fellowship
- Toured with Loonis McGlohon and Charles Kuralt in production of North Carolina Is My Home
- Teacher at Greensboro College and Guilford College
- Teacher at National Guitar Workshop-Summer 2004
- Author of 10 Jazz Guitar Solos - instructional book/CD